A bail bond is made by a bondsman after you’ve been arrested and put in jail. It is posted in lieu of the court ordered bond and is only 10% of the court-ordered bond amount. If you’ve been arrested, it is important to have the telephone number of a trusted bondsman on hand to call to get you out of jail as quickly as possible. Read below to learn five more important facts about bail bonds Beaver County PA.
1. Bail Bond Agreement: When posting a bond, you agree to appear in court on the scheduled date and time. Failure to appear will result in the bond being revoked and a bench warrant being put out of your arrest. Make sure to appear in court when you are supposed to be there.
2. Non-Refundable: Some people wrongly assume the money placed for a bail bond is not refundable under any circumstances. Do not think that you will get the money back if you’re found not guilty or in any other situations.
3. 24/7 Service: Bondsmen are available to get you out of jail any time of the day or the night. They work weekends, during snow storms, and on holidays and evenings, too. They can bond you out no matter what type of charge you’ve been accused of committing and no matter the bond amount.
4. Bond Out: If someone is there to sign your bond, they can certainly do that. But, ensure they know they’re accepting responsibility for your court appearance when they do. Anyone can sign a bond, not only a family member.
5. Bail Bond Process: The bail bond process takes some time, but rest assured that bondsmen get you out of jail faster than you’d get out without their service. Everyone who is arrested must endure the same process.